Habitat for Humanity of Sawyer County
Please note our new ReStore hours, 9am to 3pm, Tuesday through Saturday.
VOLUNTEER HELP NEEDED – GET INVOLVED AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Our Board of Directors is in need of volunteers to fill vacant seats. They meet one time per month, usually for 1 to 1 1/2 hours to review operations, explore new and existing housing programs and provide general direction for the future of the Sawyer County affiliate. If you are interested in serving, call us at 715-634-7787, send an email to email@example.com, or stop by in person at 10191 Greenwood Lane, Hayward.
HELP FOR ELDERLY IN NEED OF HOME REPAIRS
We are working with the USDA to deliver their Elderly Grant Program to qualifying applicants in Sawyer County. To be qualified, applicants must be 62 years of age or older, meet income guidelines and be in need of health or safety related repairs to their home. Grant amounts can be as high as $7,500. To date, we have helped Sawyer County elderly home owners replace roofs, drill new wells, make bathrooms handicap accessible and the list goes on. If you are interested, contact Mark Smart, Executive Director, at 715-634-7787.
NEW RULES FOR OUR RESTORE CUSTOMERS
* No more that 5 customers in the store at any one time. Pick up a card numbered 1 – 5 on the hook at the bottom of the ramp before entering. No one will be allowed into the store without a card.
* No children under the age of 16 are allowed into the store.
* Maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet.
* Avoid any unnecessary physical contact between customers and ReStore staff.
* If you are not feeling well, stay at home. Any customer we suspect is ill will be asked to leave the store.
* Use credit or debit cards instead of cash. If you do pay with cash or coin, place the money on the counter at the checkout, not in the cashier’s hands.
* Merchandise pick ups and deliveries are restricted to outdoor areas. Under no circumstance will ReStore staff be allowed to enter homes, garages or any other structures.
* Only one staff member will leave the store in or truck for pick up and deliveries. If more than one person is needed to move a large object, the customer will need to make arrangements to pick up purchases or deliver donated materials to the store.
* THE USE OF FACE MASKS AND GLOVES BY CUSTOMERS, ALTHOUGH NOT REQUIRED, ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.